This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy is effective from 24th May 2018.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Your name.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Anonymous and generic usage statistics collected whilst using our services or related services.
Data relating to children
We will not collect data relating to children without the express permission of a parent or legal guardian. In practice, we only collect and retain the following information relating to children:
- Childs name
- Date of birth
- Medical history (if appropriate)
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone.
- to maintain our own accounts and records to satisfy our insurance requirements
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
PROTECTING YOUR DATA
We do not hold your data any longer than is necessary to provide you with our services or to comply with applicable law. We would expect to retain, store and use your data for the duration of any classes and courses you attend. Whilst we do not place a specific timeframe on the retention of our personal data, we periodically review our records and remove, edit, archive or delete data we deem surplus to requirements. Nurturing Beginnings is also required, by law, to retain financial information relating to its business practices for up to 7 years.
In accordance with the GDPR you have the following rights:
- to be provided with access to your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to object to the collection of your data and request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data while we investigate your concerns with this information;
- to object to solely automated processing; and
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party (data portability).
We will not use any personal information obtained via this website, our booking software or mailing lists for any purpose other than that stated when the information is gathered. We adhere to the terms of the GDPR and take the security and value of any information you supply us very seriously. We will not share your information with any third party unless required to do so by legal requirement.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and may only be shared only if and when required with business associates and other professional advisers, financial organisations, credit reference agencies, debt collection and tracing agencies.
(Last updated 16th July 2020)